Craig advises significant entities across a range of sectors, including airports, telecommunications companies, energy sector participants, water utilities, financial sector participants, and primary sector participants.
Regulatory regimes he has experience advising on include the Commerce Act (regulation of monopolies and market studies), consumer law, civil aviation, telecommunications and radio spectrum, electricity and gas, dairy industry, water, food, tobacco products and their alternatives, alcohol, medicines, financial advisers and insurance, emissions trading scheme, casinos and gaming, education, and transport.
His recent experience includes advising:
- Watercare on the Government's three waters reform, including proposals for economic regulation
- New Zealand Airports Association on its engagement to Civil Aviation legislation reform, including its submission on the Civil Aviation Bill.
- One of the two largest supermarket chains in New Zealand) on responding to the Commission's 2020 to 2022 market study into the retail grocery sector in New Zealand, and the Government's subsequent legislative and regulatory proposal in response.
- Spark on the existing and proposed regulation of fixed line services under the Telecommunications Act.
- Auckland International Airport and the NZ Airports Association on regulatory matters under the Commerce Act, Airport Authorities Act and Civil Aviation Act including reviews of airport pricing, amendments to the legislative framework, and authorisations of airline alliances.
- Electricity generators, retailers and distributors on various regulatory issues arising under the Commerce Act, Electricity Industry Act and Electricity Industry Participation Code, including investigations by the Electricity Authority.
- On a Commerce Commission inquiry into potential regulation of the gas meter market.
- Various companies on regulation of vaping products, including development of the new regulatory regime, and compliance matters
- A major seafood company on regulatory reform and overseas investment regime issues.
- On regulation of the casino, gaming and racing industries.
- A major liquor manufacturer on the reform of liquor laws and issues under the Food Code.