Our experience covers a wide range of sectors, industries and services, including managed device procurement and EUC services, telecommunications and mobile, IT infrastructure, networks, helpdesk, finance, research and security services, application development, support and maintenance services, call centre services, data centre, sector-specific core systems replacements, investment operations outsourcing and transfer agency services, engineering services, "anything-as-a-service", traffic management systems and laboratory services.
The team counts among its clients some of the world’s largest technology companies, all of the major New Zealand banks, as well as many of New Zealand’s largest companies, including several of New Zealand’s largest listed companies. The team has advised on numerous large-scale strategic sourcing transactions for both public and private sector clients, including:
- Advising Fonterra on all aspects of the outsourcing of its global IT infrastructure requirements to HCL across more than 30 jurisdictions globally.
- Advising one of New Zealand's largest NZX listed companies on all aspects of the multi-jurisdictional outsourcing of its application development, support and maintenance services.
- Advising a large New Zealand airport on the renegotiation of its third-party IT outsourcing arrangements with Datacom.
- Advising a top ten NZX-listed company on the competitive RFP process for the procurement of group-wide global infrastructure services.
- Advising one of New Zealand's largest finance companies on the outsourcing of its core finance platform.
- Advising New Zealand's largest locally-owned life insurance provider, Fidelity Life, on its $25 million technology transformation project, including its strategic partnership with Datacom.
- Advising multiple banks and financial services institutions on the outsourcing of back-office functions and IT services (including BS11 compliance, where applicable).
- Advising EQC on the outsourcing of its IT function, using an emerging technology outsourcing innovation.
- Advising a large New Zealand financial services software provider on the outsourcing of its IT infrastructure requirements to Datacom on an "as a service" basis.
- Advising a large New Zealand bank in relation to its ongoing BS11 compliance program, including with respect to the renegotiation of intra-group and third-party IT outsourcing arrangements.