Our Technology Team is an energetic group of technology specialists looking to bring something new to the New Zealand legal services market. Led by award-winning Partner, Liz Blythe, and Special Counsel, Louise Taylor, this dynamic and experienced team routinely advises on New Zealand's most significant and complex technology transactions and are passionate about helping their clients achieve positive change through innovation.
About the role
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic lawyers with strong private practice experience and 5 + years PQE to join our Auckland based team.
Our team offers you the opportunity to get involved in cutting edge technology transactions and work closely with some of the world's most well-known technology companies, leading New Zealand financial services institutions and suppliers and consumers of technology platforms and services across a wide range of industries. This work spans traditional IT, telecommunications and digital platforms, as well as emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning and blockchain-powered solutions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a uniquely close-knit team with a supportive and energetic culture, committed to developing your career. Our training is second to none. We empower our staff to have a voice.
If you are a solicitor with strong technology or general commercial experience in private practice, we would love to hear from you.
We're looking for:
- 5 + years' PQE
- Private practice experience in a top tier environment
- Legal experience in the following areas:
- Technology procurement, supply, manufacturing, commercialisation and distribution
- Digital Platforms and e-commerce arrangements
- Outsourcing arrangements
- Intellectual property, privacy and data protection law
- Sale and purchase of technology assets / companies in the technology sector
- Commercial negotiation and drafting
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player who is professional, vibrant and engaged with high levels of initiative and ambition
- A creative thinker who strives for excellence in all that they do
The position a successful candidate will be appointed to will vary depending on their experience.
For me information, or to discuss this opportunity with a member of our HR team, please email [email protected].
Before starting your application we recommend having the following prepared: CV and academic transcript.