Tim's clients have included Westpac, Bank of New Zealand (BNZ), and ExxonMobil. His experience includes advising on transactions, obtaining binding rulings from Inland Revenue and representing clients in tax audits, disputes and litigation.
Tim's experience includes advising:
- Westpac, BNZ and ANZ on Basel III compliant Tier 2 and Additional Tier 1 issues.
- Banks and corporates on the establishment and use of domestic and offshore funding programmes.
- Various individuals in relation to asset planning on immigration to New Zealand.
- A number of non-profit entities on issues relating to their structure and registration as charitable entities.
- Various clients in connection with disputes with Inland Revenue and New Zealand Customs.
- Westpac in its successful application for judicial review of the exercise of Inland Revenue's power to amend assessments (Westpac Securities NZ Limited v Commissioner of Inland Revenue (2014) 26 NZTC 21-118).
- BNZ in litigation involving cross-border sale and repurchase arrangements (BNZ Investments Limited v Commissioner of Inland Revenue (2009) 24 NZTC 23,582).