Russell McVeagh is one of New Zealand's premier law firms. We employ over 300 staff and partners across our Auckland and Wellington offices.
Our values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity reflect who we are and how we work together. We actively encourage diversity and are committed to the success of all of our staff.
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for a Research Librarian to join our firm and provide specialist legal and business research services to authors and administrative staff.
Joining a tight-knit and highly functioning team, you will participate in the planning and implementation of training programs in legal research methods and sources, and to assist in database training. The Library and Information team is part of the wider Knowledge and Legal Support Team. You will conduct in depth research and fact check in a wide range of topical areas including legal, business, corporate, legislative history, news and the media.
You will be a self motivated Research Librarian who has:
- Proficiency in legal and business research using both print and online sources
- Familiarity with DB/TextWorks or similar systems would be beneficial
- Advanced level Internet and database research skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated mentality and able to work autonomously but collaboratively within the wider team. You will be able to build and maintain good relationships in the team and the wider firm
- Able to take responsibility for, and complete, multiple assignments accurately and on time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing and approachable manner
- An MLIS or graduate library qualification and at least 2- 5 years' experience, preferably in a law or corporate library.
For further information, please email our Talent Advisor, Alex Barrett, on [email protected]