Russell McVeagh is New Zealand's premier law firm committed to operating at the cutting edge of legal practice. Our award-winning team of lawyers across Auckland | Tāmaki Makaurau and Wellington | Te Whanganui-a-Tara are internationally recognised for their thought leadership, depth of experience and ability to translate complex legal issues into client success stories. We work on New Zealand's most significant and highly complex transactions, many of which have cross-border considerations. This includes transactions for major corporates, Government projects of national significance, and key infrastructure projects to help shape New Zealand.
Our national business services team supports the day-to-day operation of the firm across a broad range of areas including, marketing, communication, business development and client experience; IT; finance and business analysis; research, knowledge management and legal support; hospitality and events; reception and general business support.
Our values of Respect | Manaaki, Curiosity | Māhirahira, Excellence | Whai hiranga and Tenacity | Whakapau kaha reflect who we are and how we work together.
About the role
We are searching for a Litigation Support Manager or Coordinator (open to both levels of experience) to manage the litigation support services for our Wellington office, and to assist the National Litigation Support Manager with Auckland based matters. This will be a 12-month fixed term contract to cover parental leave and we are open to candidates based in Auckland or Wellington.
The Litigation Support team provides superior discovery management to the firm's clients. This is achieved through ensuring there is fast, efficient and high-quality support to legal teams during discovery and regulatory investigations.
This role will look after all aspects of document management as well as administration of our discovery databases. They will also provide training and technical support to legal staff.
- Process electronic and hardcopy documents
- Set up and administration of discovery databases
- Consult with the legal team to set up appropriate processes for each project
- Prepare documents lists, inspection sets and court bundles/casebooks.
- Support the National Litigation Manager in running the Litigation Support function.
- Supervise the daily duties of the Wellington Litigation Support team
- Time entry
If you are looking for an opportunity to work within a supportive, ambitious, growing and energetic team and would like to join an award-winning full-service firm, we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong technical skills, ability to learn new computer systems to a high level.
- Highly accurate and efficient - utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage demanding workload in order to meet strict deadlines
- Proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude, go the extra mile.
- Superior communication skills - ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to work un-supervised as well as part of a team.
- Strong client service focus.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution-based responses.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with legal and support teams.
- E-discovery software and law firm / litigation support experience preferable.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Support, coaching, and considered training and development programmes;
- Annual wellness subsidy, phone allowance, and talent referral bonus incentives; and
- Team charity days, sports days, annual ball, and regular team events.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter.
We believe in enabling a supportive and inclusive workplace for everyone. Please click here for further information about Russell McVeagh's diversity and inclusion vision and commitment.
Our firm is invested in achieving transformational change and having a positive impact – our 2023 Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report captures our firm's progress on our commitment to helping to shape a sustainable and thriving Aotearoa New Zealand. You can read our 2023 report, 'Our Contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand | Tō tātou ki Aotearoa' here.
For more information, or to have a confidential discussion about this position please email our Talent Advisor, Ana Allid on [email protected].