Russell McVeagh is New Zealand's premier law firm committed to operating at the cutting edge of legal practice. Our award-winning team of lawyers across Auckland | Tāmaki Makaurau and Wellington | Te Whanganui-a-Tara are internationally recognised for their thought leadership, depth of experience and ability to translate complex legal issues into client success stories.
Our national business services team supports the day-to-day operation of the firm across a broad range of areas including, marketing, communication, business development and client experience; IT; finance and business analysis; hospitality and events; reception and general business support.
Our values of Respect | Manaaki, Curiosity | Māhirahira, Excellence | Whai hiranga and Tenacity | Whakapau kaha reflect who we are and how we work together.
About the role
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Legal Secretary to join our Environment, Planning and Natural Resources team (EPNR).
- This role ensures the smooth running of the team and is responsible for the full range of legal secretarial services including administrative activity, diary management, file management and billing.
- Completing accounting functions and looking after invoicing processes.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work within a supportive, ambitious, growing and energetic team and would like to join an award-winning full-service firm, we would like to hear from you. The successful candidate will have:
- Strong administrative skills - we are open to candidates from a range of administrative backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently and think critically.
- A strong service focus with the need to listen and understand the essential requirements of different areas of the firm.
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Support, coaching and considered training and development programmes
- Annual wellness subsidy, work-from-home set-up allowance, phone allowance
- Team charity days, sports days, annual ball and regular team events
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter.
For more information, or to have a confidential discussion about this position please email the Talent Advisor, Alex Barrett, at [email protected] or call 09 67 8382.
Our firm is invested in achieving transformational change and having a positive impact – and our 2022 Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report captures our firm's progress on our commitment to helping to shape a sustainable and thriving Aotearoa New Zealand. You can read our 2022 report, 'Our Contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand | Tō tatou ki Aotearoa' here.
We believe in enabling a supportive and inclusive workplace for everyone. Click here for further information about Russell McVeagh's diversity and inclusion vision and commitment.