Russell McVeagh is one of New Zealand's premier law firms. We employ over 300 staff and partners across our Auckland and Wellington offices.
Our values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity reflect who we are and how we work together. We actively encourage diversity and are committed to the success of all of our people.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Advisor to join our HR team in the Auckland office. You will provide timely, professional and efficient HR services to Partners and staff in line with the strategic goals of the firm.
This is an excellent opportunity to excel across all HR functions. You will respond to HR-related queries, guide employees on people-related matters and build their understanding of the firm's procedures and policies. You will work closely with the HR team on projects including:
- Facilitating employee exit interviews, associated processes and reporting;
- Supporting the Health, Safety and Wellness portfolio, including events, first aiders, fire wardens, online resources and Mentemia management;
- Reviewing weekly capacity reports, extended hours reports and preparing the quarterly people dashboard; and
- Providing support for performance management and ER matters as they arise.
We're looking for a dynamic and proactive HR advisor who has:
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Gained experience in a generalist HR role, with a strong understanding of HR systems, processes and NZ employment legislation;
- Excellent communication and relationship skills that will allow you to build rapport with our people; and
- An eye for detail for creating reports where you'll review and update policies.
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent training and support, we offer a range of employee benefits including an annual wellness subsidy, team charity day and the chance to be part of a supportive and high performing team.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter.
For a confidential chat please email Sarah Carrel, at [email protected] or call 09 367 8382.