Russell McVeagh is New Zealand's premier law firm committed to operating at the cutting edge of legal practice. Our award-winning team of lawyers across Auckland | Tāmaki Makaurau and Wellington | Te Whanganui-a-Tara are internationally recognised for their thought leadership, depth of experience and ability to translate complex legal issues into client success stories.
Our values of Respect | Manaaki, Curiosity | Māhirahira, Excellence | Whai hiranga and Tenacity | Whakapau kaha reflect who we are and how we work together.
About the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious person looking to enter a highly valued profession. This role carries out business-as-usual productivity reporting and data maintenance while handling ad-hoc requests to deliver strategically crucial data visualisation and reporting projects. The work is diverse and presents a great learning opportunity.
As a Graduate BI Analyst at Russell McVeagh, you will:
- Upskill in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Excel, Power BI and DAX
- Learn about data and reporting risks, how to troubleshoot errors and how to implement validation processes into your day-to-day outputs
- Support the development and implementation of Power BI dashboards for crucial strategic initiatives
- Maintain personnel and performance data in our front-end practice management software
- Produce regular billing and work-in-progress reports for our major clients
- Source data using SSMS for ad-hoc reporting, troubleshooting and data analysis requests
- Contribute your ideas to improving our existing reports, systems and processes
We are looking for a recent graduate with a great attitude and a strong performance in a numerate or data-centric field, eg physics, mathematics, statistics, finance, econometrics, computer science, information science or another similar discipline.
Our ideal attributes are:
- A keen interest in business performance measurement and data analysis
- A strong academic record in a numerate fields
- Drive, ambition and a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shared values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity
To apply, please submit your CV, academic transcript and cover letter.
For more information, or to have a confidential discussion about this position please email the Talent Advisor, Alex Barrett, at [email protected] or call 09 367 8382.
Our firm is invested in achieving transformational change and having a positive impact – and our 2022 Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report captures our firm's progress on our commitment to helping to shape a sustainable and thriving Aotearoa New Zealand. You can read our 2022 report, 'Our Contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand | Tō tatou ki Aotearoa' here.
We believe in enabling a supportive and inclusive workplace for everyone. Click here for further information about Russell McVeagh's diversity and inclusion vision and commitment.