About Russell McVeagh
Russell McVeagh is New Zealand's premier law firm. Our award-winning team of lawyers across Auckland | Tāmaki Makaurau and Wellington | Te Whanganui-a-Tara are recognised internationally and throughout Aotearoa for their excellence in client service, thought leadership as well as the depth and breadth of experience our teams can offer our clients.
We are also proud of the culture we have, one that is diverse, inclusive and focused on enabling all our people to thrive.
Our national business services team supports the day-to-day operation of the firm across a broad range of areas including HR, Finance, IT, Business Development and Communications and general business support.
Our values of Respect | Manaaki, Curiosity | Māhirahira, Excellence | Whai hiranga and Tenacity | Whakapau kaha reflect who we are and how we work together.
About the role
The Executive Assistant supports our CEO to ensure the smooth running of the firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the logistics for all the key governance meetings throughout the year including: Board, Management Team, Partnership meetings and conferences and certain other key committees.
- Proactive management of the CEO's diary, emails, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Support Board activities including the collation of Board papers, meeting minutes and oversight of actions.
- Preparation of documentation and dealing with high level and confidential issues.
- Providing administrative support to the Management team as required.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work within a leading professional services firm and contribute to the success of the firm we would like to hear from you. The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Assistant to the CEO/Board.
- Experience in a Corporate environment, ideally within a Law firm or other professional services firm.
- Unquestionable integrity. Understands the vital importance of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and pride in delivering quality work.
- Focus on 'owning' the role. Is able to work independently.
- Focus on delivering an excellent service to everyone they deal with, taking pride in their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Including building relationships across the firm.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter.
We believe in enabling a supportive and inclusive workplace for everyone. Please click here for further information about Russell McVeagh's diversity and inclusion vision and commitment.
Our firm is invested in achieving transformational change and having a positive impact – our 2022 Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Report captures our firm's progress on our commitment to helping to shape a sustainable and thriving Aotearoa New Zealand. You can read our 2022 report, 'Our Contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand | Tō tatou ki Aotearoa' here.
For more information, or to have a confidential discussion about this position please email our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sarah Carrel.