Russell McVeagh is a large commercial law firm, which is regarded by many as the leading law firm in New Zealand. The firm has offices in Auckland and Wellington, and employs over 300 staff.
We are currently on the lookout for a Business Analyst to join our Finance team. This role will be tasked with providing accurate and timely information, derived from the firm's practice management system and other related systems.
This is a full-time role, working 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Flexibility is a must during peak times such as month end.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Data maintenance tasks such as maintaining the personnel module in Aderant (our practice management system); and ensuring the integrity and validity of other modules within Aderant and making updates where required.
- Month end processing and reporting tasks such as database integrity checks pre-month end and database back-up after billing cut off; and completing Client Status Reporting on a monthly basis.
- Responding to queries and general reporting such as preparing weekly reports for both internal and external clients; performing annual database maintenance and training staff on metrics and reporting.
- Project work as required.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to pick up errors or inconsistencies and good attention to detail.
- A relevant tertiary qualification, such as a BCom or other degree with an IT focus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables and charts, v/h lookups, formulas and VBA).
- Two or more years' SQL experience, as well as experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with another practice management system an advantage.
- Ideally three or more years' experience in a similar or accounting type role.
- An excellent service manner - 'can do' attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in order to achieve deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportuntity to further your career, working in a highly professional and supportive environment.
If this role sounds like you, please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role to Judy Whiddett at [email protected].