Russell McVeagh is one of New Zealand's premier law firms. We employ over 300 staff and partners across our Auckland and Wellington offices.
Our values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity reflect who we are and how we work together. We actively encourage diversity and are committed to the success of all of our staff.
About the opportunity
Applications are open for our 2022 summer clerk programme which will run from the end of November 2022 until mid-February 2023. This programme is a fantastic opportunity to gain real work experience in commercial law.
As a summer clerk at Russell McVeagh you will:
- Gain real work experience working with some of the leading lawyers in New Zealand on some of the biggest cases and transactions;
- Participate in a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training throughout summer;
- Have a wide support network, including two buddies;
- Work in two practice groups as part of the firm’s bipartite system; and
- Have a meaningful and enjoyable summer.
Summer clerkship at Russell McVeagh will give you a valuable insight into what professional life might hold for you and how you could utilise your education to facilitate action in the real world.
We are looking for students who are in the penultimate year of their law degree (planning to finish university studies in 2023 and start first permanent role in early 2024) and have:
- A strong interest in commercial law;
- A strong academic record;
- Drive, ambition, and a positive attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Share our values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity.
Applications close 5:00 pm Sunday 3 July 2022.
Before starting your application we recommend having the following prepared: CV, cover letter and academic transcript.