Widely regarded as New Zealand’s premier law firm, we are committed to operating on the cutting edge of legal practice and being champions for our clients’ strategic goals.
Our lawyers are the best in their fields and recognised internationally for their expertise. Our values of Respect, Curiosity, Excellence and Tenacity reflect who we are and how we work together.
About the role
Our Auckland team has an exciting opportunity for a Law Clerk to join our leading Banking and Finance practice where you'll work with and learn from the best.
This role will work closely with Jesse Fairley
and his high achieving team. You'll get to work with major corporates, financial institutions and private equity sponsors on a wide range of complex and innovative transactions.
As a law clerk at Russell McVeagh, you'll:
- Be part of a highly supportive team that focuses on your wellbeing and mentoring and developing your skills and knowledge
- Work alongside the best lawyers in the business on some of New Zealand's biggest transactions that have a real impact on the New Zealand economy
- Begin on a comprehensive, structured training programme that will continue through your entire time at Russell McVeagh
- Gain exposure to other practice areas (if you choose) as part of the firm’s bipartite system
We're looking for students who have recently completed their law degree with:
- A strong interest in commercial law
- Top marks in their law degree
- Drive, ambition and a positive attitude
- A collaborative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
For more information, or to discuss this opportunity please contact Alex Barrett, Talent Advisor, at [email protected] or 09 367 8382.
Before starting your application we recommend having the following prepared: CV, cover letter, academic transcript.