John-Paul is a specialist in corporate and acquisition finance, debt capital markets, derivatives and investment products and consumer financial services and regulation.
He has a wealth of banking and finance experience from Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
A partner since 2010, John-Paul acts for a variety of New Zealand and international corporate and banking clients.
- Advising RVG in relation to the financing aspects of the July 2012 sale of retirement village assets to Metlifecare Limited
- Leading the Russell McVeagh finance team advising the Learning Infrastructure Partners Consortium on the Hobsonville Schools PPP, the first ever public private partnership transaction in New Zealand which closed in April 2012
- Acting for Chorus Limited on it s $1.6 billion revolving facility, put in place following the demerger from Telecom in late 2011, and advising on Chorus' associated derivatives. The demerger transaction won the NZ Deal of the Year Award at the 2012 ALB Awards
- Acting for the banks involved in the December 2011 refinancing of Kathmandu Limited
- Advising banks on Basel III securities structuring issues
- Advising Fundzi Limited on its April 2012 debt security offering
- Acting for Genesis Energy on its NZ$275m retail subordinated capital note offer in 2011
- Acting for International Finance Facility for Immunisation Company on its 2010 Kauri program and 2012 update
- Acting for Auckland Airport in connection with its 2011 USPP issues.
LLB (Hons), BA The University of Melbourne
Admitted to practise in Victoria in 2000
Admitted to practise in Western Australia in 2001
Admitted to practise in New Zealand in 2008